Light gauge steel design
- STRAP offers the unique ability for analysis and design for structures of any complexity built with cold-formed structural steel members. There is no need to input results manually from an analysis program.
- STRAP calculates results at 1/20th of the span and at the locations of concentrated loads. STRAP then seamlessly transfers these results directly into the light-gauge design module. This eliminates the possibility of an error during input of this information from another program. In addition STRAP checks every element of the model for all these forces and their combinations, truly calculating "maximum" effect for each beam.
- STRAP can check user specified sections to the latest code or select the most economical sections, based on user-provided criteria.
- The user can view or print detailed calculations with references to ALL code formulas simply by clicking on any member.
- A library of the most common sections is provided with the program. The program currently has the following sections:
- Single and Double (back-to-back and toe-to-toe) CEE sections.
- Single and Double Track sections.
- Stiffened and Unstiffened Z sections.
- Single and Double (back-to-back and toe-to-toe) angles.
- Single and Double (back-to-back and toe-to-toe) stiffened angles.
- Stiffened and Unstiffened Hat sections.
- CEE and Z sections can have different width flanges
- You can create your own sections of any of the types above, add them to the library and instantaneously check their suitability according to the code.
- The user can edit existing sections or add his own sections to the program's database through a special built-in section editor. All you need to supply is a set of overall dimensions and the section editor will do the rest.
- The user can easily create databases for different manufacturers. This allows you to prepare a design based on shapes from a specified manufacturer or supplier automatically.
- As these databases are now available for all future projects, you will be able easily to compare the cost effectiveness of the design using shapes from different manufacturer's catalogs or different suppliers.
- STRAP is the only program that calculates Lt automatically for each member and each load.
- The structure can be built from both rolled steel and cold-formed sections and STRAP will check and/or design all sections to the required codes in one run.