Several different types of connections are available and the user selects the suitable one. Welded or bolted connections may be designed.
The following connections may currently be designed:
- beam - beam (perpendicular)
- beam - column flange
- beam - column web
- beam splices
Connections may be designed according to one of the following Codes:
- AISC - ASD or LRFD
- EN 1993-1-8:2005
- The section sizes and reaction forces/moments are retrieved automatically from the STRAP modules; the user only has to specify the various connection detail parameters.
- The user specifies the following connection parameters: permissible bolt diameters, minimum number of bolts, bolt spacing, weld thickness, use angles or plates, etc.
- The program checks all STRAP load combinations.
- After the parameters have been specified the program calculates all the connections in the structure and displays a summary table.
- Alternatively the user may modify the parameters for a specific connection and redesign it until a satisfactory connection design is achieved.
- The program displays a detailed drawing and a design calculation sheet for each connection listing the input and output data.
- The detailed drawing may be saved in a DXF format file.
- A three-dimensional rendered drawing of any connection may be displayed.