DXF import using AutoSTRAP
- AutoSTRAP is a program that converts DXF drawings to STRAP models. The program identifies the lines in the drawings that represent beams, walls, columns or floor slabs and automatically creates the corresponding geometry elements in the STRAP model.
- The proposed STRAP model may be modified and edited; new geometry elements may be created from any line on the DXF drawing.
- Beam loads and element loads may then be applied to the generated elements.
- The program creates a plane model from a single DXF drawing or a space model from a series of drawings.
- AutoSTRAP shortens the time required to define the geometry of a model. A floor plan can be transformed into a structural space model ready to be solved in a matter of minutes.
Here is a video demonstration for AutoSTRAP: