The STRAP Concrete module designs continuous beams, columns, slabs and walls. The module automatically identifies the continuous beams and columns in the model and provides you with a more complete design than other programs that deal with each member separately. For example:
- Moment redistribution in continuous beams may be requested.
- Variable spacing in beam stirrups (links) may be requested.
- Compression reinforcement in beams is added when needed.
- The program calculates the additional moments in slender columns.
- The program designs columns of various sections and either computes the required reinforcement or checks a user defined reinforcement pattern.
- An option to calculate main reinforcement and stirrups (links) for beams and columns according to the seismic requirements of various building codes.
- Automatic column schedule, including drafting of column sections with reinforcement and a bar schedule.
- Wall design according to seismic design codes.
- Automatic detailing of concrete beams for regular and earthquake loads. (optional module).
- Define "identical" beams or columns that are designed by the program with identical reinforcement.
- Automatic detailing of slab reinforcement, consisting of bars, prefabricated meshes or both.