In addition to all the standard load definition options, STRAP includes some unique features that simplify the load input. For example:
- "Global loads": You may define any area of any shape and at any location and apply a uniform load on it. The program then automatically distributes the loads to the adjacent beams, elements or nodes. Point loads may also be applied at any coordinate.
- Moving load cases can be defined.
- Wind loads can be automatically generated according to the various codes.
- Wind loads can also be automatically generated for open structures (e.g. lattice towers, trusses etc).
- Joint loads, beam and/or elements loads can be copied; "Copy", "Copy and rotate", or "Mirror" options may be selected.
- You can define Dead and Live load coefficients from which the program automatically creates staggered load combinations (e.g. alternate/adjacent) for maximum positive and negative moments and forces.