In a few seconds the program selects and displays an economic and practical reinforcement arrangement, a solution that complies with all the relevant code requirements:
- Moment envelope coverage.
- Anchorage and curtailment.
- Arrangement of bars in the section.
- Restrictions on percentage of reinforcement, number of bars and allowable diameters.
- Top/bottom face level difference between spans.
The automatic detailing is carried out according to user-defined parameters but the reinforcement details are easily modified interactively. The diameter, quantity, length, layer, etc. of any bar may be revised. Revisions are automatically reflected in the beam drawings and in the schedules.
The user need not worry that the modified arrangement will no longer meet the code requirements because at any stage the following can be requested:
- A complete design check of the current arrangement.
- A graphic display of the reinforcement superimposed on the bending moment envelope, clearly showing any excess or missing reinforcement.