The program calculates and details the slab reinforcement, either as an arrangement of individual bars, a pattern of prefabricated meshes, or a combination of both.
The reinforcement areas are calculated automatically from the STRAP finite element analysis results.
- Prefabricated mesh dimensions may be defined and the program then selects the most suitable mesh at every location.
- the user can specify fixed reinforcement (regular bars or meshes) and the program then adds additional reinforcement (bars or meshes) where needed.
- reduced moments may be used at column locations.
- cover, min/max diameter, optimum spacing, maximum bar length, etc. may be specified by the user.
- minimum reinforcement area, lap length, etc. are calculated according to the Code.
The slab may be divided into subspaces:
- reinforcement is terminated at subspace boundaries and each subspace can be assigned with different detailing parameters.
- subspaces may be created along element boundaries, at beam locations and at changes of slab thickness.
- DXF format drawings can be created.
- Separate drawings may be created for top and bottom reinforcement.
Bar schedules and mesh schedules are created automatically by the program and may be added to the drawings.
the program calculates the total reinforcement weight for each story and the total for all slabs in the model.
Here is a video demonstration for Slab detailing.