- The STRAP Sway module allows Engineers to design structures for sway, drift and/or deflections.
- STRAP Sway can automatically revise the section properties of beams and columns to reduce the sway at selected nodes and/or the drift between two selected nodes to user defined limits.
- The sway option can also be used to reduce the deflection at any node to a specified value.
- The program searches for the member that most significantly contributes to the sway/drift or deflection, enlarges its section and recalculates the sway/drift/deflection. The calculation is automatically repeated by the program until the sway/drift/deflection is reduced to the user specified limiting value.
- As STRAP Sway resides in the steel postprocessor, it can select steel members that satisfy both sway and code requirements simultaneously.
- The dimensions of concrete sections may be enlarged by STRAP Sway, i.e. STRAP may be used to limit the sway in models of concrete structures or structures built in steel and concrete.
- Cost factor: The user can define a cost factor for each property group in the model. If cost factors are defined, the solution represents the minimum "cost factor X volume increase" for the model, i.e. the most economical solution. Therefore members in property groups with a low factor will have a priority in the calculation and will more likely be enlarged. For example, you can assign different cost factors to beams and columns or different materials.